Hi!

My name is Stephen Nelson. I have some stories to tell, and some great and talented friends to help me tell them. If you like a strange story, if you enjoy a twisted tale, sit down, stay a while, and listen! Someday soon, we hope to transform our stories into comics which you may purchase, so as to bear happily home to you demented domiciles.

You might not want to let Mom see them, though.

Projects my friends and I are currently conspiring on include my macabre fantasy adventure/comedy Rat's Tooth, Rita Gorgoni's awesome Dark Fantasy tale, Iron Head, and The Children of Pollut Un Roone, a dark fantasy tale written by myself, illustrated by Stefano Cardoselli, and set in the incredible fantasy world of Brom Kah, created by Garrett Adderly!

So please come in, look around, and we hope you enjoy our Stories! Unpleasant Dreams!

Thanks go out to lots of folks, including Alex Johns, who designed the logo you see above for me!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rat's Tooth Concept Art- Cardoselli & Johns


Hats off to Alex Johns and Stefano Cardoselli!
These character studies were completed last fall, when Jeremy and I were doing the early work on the scripts. Stefano signed on for the Concept project and almost instantly began turning in beautiful work at a frightening pace. He picked up the feel of the world of Rat's Tooth amazingly quickly and really delivered the goods. Alex kindly volunteered some time to lay down the colors, and his soft and carefully chosen tones were just right, I thought, for Stefano's strong, European style. He also went a step further and added some creepy trees in the background, something that I really liked and which is becoming a Johns trademark.

The glee which we felt seeing these old friends step out of the dim, dusty corners of our imagination and onto paper is hard to quantify.





Hope you like em too.

(From top to bottom)
The Wild Hunt
Lennard Cromkow as novice (left) and master (right) necromancer
The Dark Knight
Ravvin the Ratboy





















No comments:

Post a Comment